Friday, November 19, 2010

Here is the deal Palin: You fuck with Murphy Brown, Your Fucking with me.

As a youth, I was forcd to go to bed at 8;30. A time restraint that made everything in a later hour of TV seem fascinating. I knew that Johnny Carson’s final monologue included a joke connecting then VP Dan Quayle to my mother’s favorite show, Murphy brown, but that was just because the CBS evening news included a a clip of said joke. I had to turn 12 to stay up late enough to witness Murphy Brown, the outspoken liberal feminist that embodied the Clinton era as well as the flaws that accompany my Irish DNA (I mean she was a recovering alcoholic.)


So Sarah Palin, when you speak ill of Murphy Brown, 18 years after the fact of her out of wedlock pregnancy, that sticks in my craw. Let it be known, when you fuck with Murphy Brown, in turn, your are additionally fucking with me.
It has long been known that Sarah Palin’s faux down home folksiness has been in danger of wooing a highly susceptible sector of the populous to the ballots. I’m sure they could be easily sidetracked if kool aid stands were set up outside of voting stations. For two years (and some change) I just assumed Sarah Palin would go away. 16 Years ago Kato Kaelin was a national voice, these things come and go.
Problem is, we liberals are pussies. We don’t get up in arms when we realize the person offending us is dumber than the snow machine they take t work.

That was until you fucked with Murphy Borwn. Palin.Now you have my ire.
Let it be clear, Im a staunch gun control advocate. I wont start wearing a pistol to town hall meetings as a means of intimidation. But now that you have denounced Candace Burgin’s finest creation (although I do like Carnal Knowledge) I will make it my call in life to rally my fellow pussy liberals to actually speak up and ensure the the angry idiots don’t get their way in 2 years. Just as my olde rborther wrote a letter to Regan, informing him he would be out the door in 84, I beg of all liberals to speak up for themselves in 2012.
But I get away from the point. How dare you speak ill of Myurphy Brown, do you know what she’s been through? Upon returning from the Betty Ford Clinic, she took it upon herself to defend truthfulll journalism, despite network censors who could not swallow her connection to 60’s radicalism and I think she might have talked about her vigina once.
Look, I wont pretend I have watched an episode of Murphy Brown in 15 years. Jon Stewart took over the daily Show shortly after MB went off the air, so the mantle of network leralism was carried on from there. But if sarah Palin, who didn’t have the decency t lend her daughter a rubber, wants to criticize the fictional embodiment of 90’s progressives, I am just going to have to blog the shit out of this.

Thanks to AMC for replaying the Death Wish series into oblivion for the past few months. I now have insight into the conservative mindset that their fantasy is to arm up and kill the people they view as harming society. Lierbals don’t think like this. Our fantasies involve gradual change toward public policy we approve of. I regularly jerk off to the idea of ration heath care legislation. What’s hotter than that?

So I now elect to get angry. Now that the mascot of the new (but really the same) conservative movement has dissed Murphy Brown, my life goal will be to get angry for at least 60 minutes a day toward the ways that the corporate party are fucking up where I live.
I know blogging is an impotent form of rage, but what else do I have? Liberals don’t tend to get things done.
Also, remember how Murhy Brown loved Motown soul? That was a nice touch.

No comments: